We had a white Christmas this year for the first time in awhile. The kids started out the day playing in the snow. They had so much fun and gave me time to get dinner ready. It also got them good and worn out. Anything to make it easier for the kids to sleep on Christmas Eve.
Lily attempting to snowboard.
I love Lily's rosie cheeks in these shots.

This was Greta's first Christmas!
I had ordered our table before Christmas, but it didn't make it in time, so we ate our fancy dinner on a folding table. Very high class!
I now digress a little to tell a story about the time we ate dinner at my parent's rental house in Logan a few years ago. At that time the best table they had (everything was in storage) was a ping pong table, and the best table cloth for the ping pong table? Sheets of course! My mom was asking if the sheets we used for a table cloth were clean, to which my dad responded; "I am sure there is a red neck joke in there somewhere, 'if you have to ask if the sheet you use as a table cloth for your ping pong table are clean...'"
So I guess eating Christmas Eve dinner on a folding table was no big deal. I just made sure Asher wore a tie. That totally classed up the joint!
Dinner was the same as years past. Roast beef, cheese rolls, green beans potatoes, and trifle bowls .
The napkin rings were very popular. I think we could have forgone the gifts and just let the kids play with them and they would have called it a great Christmas.
Every year I am determined to get a family shoot in front of the tree. I always get the picture, but it is always difficult and I don't always love the picture. I do; however, love that this year we have a new family member in the picture.

After the picture it was time for Christmas jammies! Lily was so excited that she matched her sister. She then became very dissapointed when she realized that the reindeer on her feet did not, in fact, make her fly.

We ended the night watching home movies, attempting to act out the nativity, reading scriptures and trying to get overly excited, overly tired kids to bed.
Christmas Eve was so much fun, we could only imagine how great Christmas day would be.
To be continued, Christmas morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment