Thursday, May 31, 2012

Nesting Projects

I get antsy at a certain point each pregnancy and must sew/knit/crochet something.  This pregnancy is no different.  Here are some of my finished projects from this bout of Nesting.

First a sweater. This is the first sweater I have knit. I made it during conference and I love it. I am excited to see how it will look on our new baby.
Wendy-wb6 sweater
Picture courtesy of Andrea Marie from her beautiful maternity shoot
 
I love this blanket, you can get the pattern if you would like to make it yourself here.  It was so fun to make.  One of my favorite knitting projects ever.
nesting projects-8 web
nesting projects-5 web
I love the final outcome of this Vintage Chenille blanket, but I have to say, it was really time intensive and I spent way more time at the sewing machine than I wanted to. However, when it got to the cutting part, I had a lot of fun. The Olfa chenille cutter is one of the best tools ever!
nesting projects-1 webnesting projects-3 webnesting projects-2 web
Now we come to the Four Baby Quilt. That is what I call it. Why? Because I started it when I was pregnant with Jackson, then I found out he was a boy and so I put it aside. Then, when I was pregnant with #2, I hand basted it with the batting and backing, then Asher came early and I never finished. I was determined to finish this quilt when I was pregnant with Lily. I had grand ambition of hand quilting it, then quickly gave up on this idea when I discovered a friend of mine had a connection to a machine quilter that did all kinds of cool things, so I sent it off to be quilted.  She did a beautiful job. All I had left was the binding, which, I never did. So now with baby #4 coming soon, I FINALLY finished the thing! Yeah me! It only took me 8 years and four babies.
nesting projects-11 webnesting projects-9 webnesting projects-10 web

3 comments:

emilydeardeuff said...

Love them all! You are such a good nester! I can't wait to see a baby in all of these things!

Lance n Amber said...

Love everything crafty lady!

jordan said...

Super cute baby booty. Lucky baby! Can't wait to meet #4.