Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A date with my boys

Mitch is taking the boys camping on the beach for the next few days. Which makes me feel left out.   So I decided to take the boys out to dinner to spend a little time with them.  I took Jackson and Asher to the Hershey Pantry. Oh, it was chaos! My boys are more McDonald Play Place kind of kids so it was asking a lot for them to be good at a sit down restaurant. But Jackson is in love with their pretzel roll ham and cheese sandwich and has been asking begging me to take him to the HP.  I though, if it was just the two big kids it wouldn't be so bad.  Those of you that know the Hershey Pantry, know the space that I was dealing with there.  Those that don't, I'll just say, it's not big, like the size someone's living room, maybe. 

They just remodeled their bathrooms there and added the new Dyson hand dryers.  Have you seen or used these things?  They are loud and powerful. 




Just before dinner came I sent the boys to the bathroom to wash up.  Within a few minutes of sending them off, all of the patrons and I heard a blood curdling scream, followed by laughter followed by another blood curdling scream and more laughter.  I got up and ran, (as fast as I can waddle these days) to the bathroom to see what was going on.  Asher was scared of this hand dryer, so every time it came on it made him scream. Jackson thought it was so funny, (the laughter).  I was just horrified. 

We made it through dinner with mostly no incidents, I am proud to say.  Jack did tip his lidded soda onto Asher word find he was diligently working on, which provoked some very loud words and got the table of old people next to us to give us the death glare.  But I have learned to pay little attention to such people.  Like they never had kids that made noise in public? 

It was chaos, I should have just taken them to Red Robin or McDonald's, but really I think the Hershey Pantry experience will be much more memorable, at lest for me.  Like I will remember to never do anything like that again.

But then again, look at those smiles.  I love these boys!

2 comments:

Jon and Melissa said...

Ha, ha, ha. Eating out with children is usually kind of tortuous with a little bit of fun mixed in. Jon swears every time we do it it is the last:) Good for you for trying it on your own.

The Harrises said...

You can't beat the pantry! Maybe you should install one of those electric hand dryers in your new house!