Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Easter

We started the day with our traditional waffles and strawberries

easter 2011-18 web


easter 2011-21 web


We got a little creative with the waffles this year. Mitch made a rose with the whip cream. and Jackson made his into a sandwich.


waffle collage web


Then we had our jelly bean grab and Easter egg hunt.


easter 2011-28 web


The boys took things very seriously. Just look at Asher go! And I never even got a shot of Jackson.


easter 2011-31 web


Lily loved it, but she was too busy eating the jelly beans to get very many.


easter 2011-27 webeaster 2011-30 web


Then we got all gussied up in our Easter duds. Everyone looked so cute/handsome this year.


Here is Jackson


easter 2011-35e web


Asher and Lily-Kate


easter 2011-38e webeaster 2011-41e web


Notice that Lily is, again, running away from me. She is always in motion. That is why the next few pictures are of the kids walking down the road. It was the only way to get all three kids at the same time.  As soon as Lily came outside, she took off down the road.  I just told the boys to keep up.


easter 2011-44e web


easter 2011-45e web


easter 2011-43e web


I did get my boys standing still. Man, they are handsome!


easter 2011-40e vint web


My plan was to get a picture of me holding Lily after church so we could have a good shot of just how adorable she looked in her Easter dress.  But, she fell asleep on the drive home and she was OUT.  I was able to undress her, change her diaper, put on PJs and she stayed asleep. I still had Mitch take some pictures. She is so beautiful when she sleeps.



easter 2011-47e webeaster 2011-46e web

As a random side note: I bought my dress because the print reminded me of this one
I love this painting and I have always thought the pioneer woman's dress was so beautiful.

3 comments:

Emilydear said...

Your dress does remind me of the pioneer one. What beautiful children! Your boys look good in blue! Lily was definitely tired. That is incredible she said asleep!

Jon and Melissa said...

I love that you all get Easter clothes. I am still working on talking Jon into that tradition! You all look so very beautiful!(and Handsome)

DDC said...

The kids look so cute! We can't wait to see them. You know I love that picture of the pioneer woman.
Mom