Saturday, October 16, 2010

Jackson's birthday cake

This year I decided I would let Jackson decorate his own cake. He had so much fun and wanted me to share his work on the blog. (he really does tell me what to blog and what he wants me to say.) I was really impressed with what he did. I was more than happy to let him do it himself. First he drew out what he wanted on the frosting with a toothpick.

Then he filled in the lines with frosting, and this is what he ended up with.

It's the A-1 Sky Raider going to blow up (he said 21 but it looks like 2 to me) tanks.

*disclaimer* the photography for this post is a little weak, but this is what you get when you shoot with one hand (baby in the other) and low light.

7 comments:

Andrea Hatch said...

Jackson is incredible!!! I can't believe he decorated the cake, please tell him that I love it!

jillandjim05 said...

Wow great job Jackson!!

Jon and Melissa said...

Happy, happy birthday Jackson!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cake. The best part is that everyone is happy-I need to remember to do this one of these years! Looks like his birthday was tons of fun-love the old hats and jackets in front of the jet.

Jen said...

OK, that photography is WAY better than my norm! And so are Jackson's cake decorating skills! Will you please come visit and teach me how to take decent pictures? And decorate cakes??

The Harrises said...

Great cake Mister Jackson. He looks so proud of it as a 7 year old should be! Happy birthday!

Lance n Amber said...

What an artistic little guy! Just like his momma!

Danielle O. said...

Nice job Jackson! He is a way better cake decorator than I am.
What I really can't believe is that Mitch couldn't make it in time for Jackson's birth!!! That is crazy, I never knew. But don't worry I saw him the day after Jackson's b-day this year in Cali and he said how sad it was when Jackson called on his birthday really sad that his dad couldn't tuck him in bed on his special day! At least Jackson noticed, Luke didn't even care that we were not there to tuck him in!