
Tonight during prayers Jackson said, "please bless all the veterans that they will feel how they deserve to feel- that they will feel happy" so sweetly, so sincere. I love that kid!
Also tonight while he was getting ready for bed I heard him in his room singing "God Bless the USA." It was so good and so sweet. I love his 7 year old voice.
Due to Jackson's love of airplanes he has also learned a lot about World War II, and even World War I. He might even know more that you. Serioulsy, do you know about the Battle of Britian, or the Doolittle Raid? I think that is what has made him so patriotic. If he sees a person in uniform he will thank them.
My Grandpa Fred knew all about airplanes. He was a World War II verteran. He worked on airplanes during the war and he continued that work after the war. He used to sit in his home in Hooper, Utah and look out their big picture window and watch the planes take off and land from Hill Air Force Base and identify them all. I think Jackson and Grandpa Fred are kindred spirits. It makes me so sad that they won't have the chance to sit and talk airplanes. I think they both would have loved it. And I would have loved listening to them.


5 comments:
He looks so handsome! I LOVE kids prayers.
So tender!! He looks so grown up and beautiful (in a boy way) in that picture!!
Jackson and I would be buds. I am a schmuck for WW2 history. I make it a point to shake veteran's hands, too. He looks so handsome in his uniform, and what a sweet kid he is.
Jackson is so sweet (and dang smart, I can't believe all the info he knows!). Loved seeing these pictures.
Wendy, That is so touching! I love the tribute to both "men", and furthermore, I think Jackson looks a bit like his Grandpa too. How special!
Post a Comment