Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Birthday Bash!

lily's 1st birthday 033
I love one year old birthday parties! If I had my way we would have had fireworks, and a Sky-writer. MY BABY GIRL IS ONE! written across the sky.
lily's 1st birthday 025
We threw our Lily-kate a wonderful party with everything but the fireworks, oh yeah, and our families live 2000 miles away, so they weren't there (you all missed out, you should have made the flight.) Other than that, I couldn't have asked for anything more!
lily's 1st birthday 012
lily's 1st birthday 009
Mitch put up the Christmas lights and I thought they added a magical element to the evening.
lily's 1st birthday 079
lily's 1st birthday 076
I love this picture
lily's 1st birthday 077
I love nothing more than a one year old digging into their birthday cake. Lily and her cake was best captured on video. There was an incident with the candle and she wasn't really sure what to do with the cake at first, but once she got going she was pretty into it. I promise I will edit together the video footage soon, but for now these pictures will have to do.
lily's 1st birthday 064
lily's 1st birthday 094
lily's 1st birthday 106
She loved all of her presents. We are so grateful for such generous friends and family for her gifts.
lily's 1st birthday 138
After a long night of all eyes on her she found her happy place with her thumb in her mouth.
lily's 1st birthday 132
Happy Birthday sweet girl! It has been one great year with you in our lives!

5 comments:

Andrea Hatch said...

LOVE the pictures! LOVE her outfit, LOVE the christmas lights, and LOVE the beautiful birthday girl!!! What an awesome party...promise me next year will be an equally cool event! ; )

Connor+Jenna said...

oh my SHE IS SO STINKIN CUTE!! I love her! I can not wait until November when I get to see her again!! :)

Jon and Melissa said...

I have been waiting for this post. I KNEW you would go all out for this party. Looks like we really missed out. She looks so cute. Happy Birthday Lily!

Megan J. Dawson said...

What a pretty little girl. I can't believe she's one already!

Emily said...

Love these pictures! What a fun party! Wished we could have made it! Love the Christmas lights--way to go Mitch! Cake looks so cute! I can't believe she is OnE!