This summer seems to be moving so fast. Who called it the "lazy days of summer"? I guess hanging out at the pool most days doesn't really qualify as "busy" but when it is 100 degrees and 100% humidity, the pool is more necessity than luxury.
Despite the heat we live in a beautiful area. We have green grass and flowers, large bales of hay, farms and horses. Add the images of my children and everything seems magical.

Not a day has gone by this summer that I have not thought about how lucky I am to get to get up each morning and play with my kids. To take them to the pool, or the park. I can go running or to the gym. Really I am just happy to go anywhere. Last summer was kind of a dud, totally worth it, but a dud. I put my head down and just got through it. I didn't really know what I was missing. But having this summer so filled with things to do and time outside I now realize that we really were on house arrest last year. But we have done a great job of making up for it.


Having three amazing kids really makes my life full of joy. I can't get enough of their faces, their smiles, there infectious laughs, (I am serious when I say that my kids have the best laughs, all three of them.) I am in one of those phases where I just want to freeze time. Yes, it would be nice if we were past the student phase of our life already, (10 years into a 12 year process). But I wouldn't change anything right now, (more money maybe...but I digress). Everyday Lily changes, everyday Jackson gets smarter and Asher gets bigger. I realize I can't freeze time, but I can try. I guess that is what my blog is for. That is why I am so often on one end of a camera and my kids on the other. Maybe if I take enough pictures this stage of my life will last forever. The good news is, it just keeps getting better. I fear every new change, but in every new stage I find a whole new level of happiness.

How could anyone look at this face everyday and not be over the moon?
4 comments:
This is exactly what I am teaching my lesson on this Sunday. Love Life! So I too have been thinking a lot about these same things. Beautiful post!
VERY GREAT POST! I do think photos are the best way to freeze our own spots of time. that and small bits of video too. it's always fun to see how truly crazy they were on video :) Hope your time doesn't slip away too fast!
I know how you feel! What a sweet post. It will help that the pictures that you take are amazing!
This post nearly made me cry. These are the images of magic I have in my mind of PA. I can almost feel and smell the green grass in your photos. I miss that so bad.- Miss you too!
Post a Comment