Thursday, July 29, 2010

Totally worth it for free Swedish Fish

Last week we got stranded at the Home Depot. Something broke in my car, that shredded something else, that caused something else to break, so in the end my battery died and there was no way of jumping it, (that is what the mechanic sounded like to me, Mitch heard actual words.) I called roadside assist for a tow and a very good friend for a ride and then we had to just sit and wait at the Home Depot. We were kind of a sad looking crew, me with my three starving kiddos all sweaty and hungry, (it was close to 100 degrees that day and the AC was out in the car AND in the Home Depot.) We set up camp in the lawn furniture area and I went to the check out to get us something to eat and some water. The manager had noticed that we had been there for awhile. He asked me what was going on, after I told him our story he told me to take what we wanted to eat (the boys picked swedish fish and I didn't dare take more that one item) and he would get me some water from their break room. Such a nice man! I was really impressed with how kind he was to us. I think a lot of other store owners wouldn't take so kindly to motley loiterers like us.
Long story short, all is well that ends well. We got home, the car got towed and fixed and is running great. I had a camera with me so I got a picture to capture the moment. Good times!

3 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

That is really cute and very nice. I took Abe to Rita's the other day and one of the workers brought us some swedish fish just for fun. It was very random, but nice.

Lance n Amber said...

I'm so glad that it all worked out. Life is always better with Swedish Fish!

jordan said...

What a miserable day! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger... right?

Lily looks SO much like you.