Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Theme music

My kids each came with their own theme song. It's funny how it happens but they each have a song that I associate with them and that they (at least the ones that are old enough) claim as their own.
Jackson's is Here, There and Everywhere. He calls it his Everywhere song. I have sung this song at a few weddings. Once, after I sang it, someone came up to me and told me that he knew the song because his dad used to sing it to him. That was when I realized it makes a beautiful lullaby. So I sang it to my baby, Jackson each night along with a few other great songs. He seemed to like Here, There and Everywhere the best. When he is sad, or scared or just plain old tired he will ask me to sing him, his Everywhere song. The line "changing my life with a wave of his hand" is my favorite because that is exactly what he did; He changed my life.



Asher is my little singer. He has been singing melodies before he could sing words and he sang words before he could say them. He has a lot of songs, but his favorite is (They Long to be) Close to You he calles it stars fall down sky. My mom was the first one to sing this to my babies. Asher loved it. This song has the magic for him. Anytime I start to sing this song to him he will snuggle up and listen. And it truly fits him. He really is a dream come true.



Speaking of a dream come true. Our little girl! For the past few weeks when I look at her I start singing "Your're just too good to be true." and it goes from there. The funny thing is, I didn't know that I knew this song. I haven't really been a listener of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. Yet somehow, I know this song. We have a lot of fun when I get to the chorus. Some times the boys even join in; "I LOVE YOU BABY!" nice and loud.

I can't say if this will ber Her song. She is only 5 months old, and my boys seemed to choose theirs over time. But she does love when I sing it. She laughs! She laughs that full belly laugh that she shares with her brothers.


1 comment:

emilydeardeuff said...

Those songs are so fun--but for some reason I couldn't get them to play. I really like that they have "their song"