I realized that keeping all of my boy's clothes as they out grow them is ridiculous. Not only do we not have room to store all the boxes, but the idea that someday my boys will ever wear them again...well, that's just not going to happen. So I started working my way through their clothes. I started with what Asher just out grew and worked backwards. This is hard for me. It always has been. I hate it when my kids grow out of a size. This was especially hard when they grew out of the newborn clothes. That stage is so fleeting and so precious. Boxing up the clothes is just more validation that it is over. I took some consolation storing the clothes thinking that someday I would see another little boy in the cute duds. And I got that with Asher.
But it comes to this. If there is another boy in our future it would be awhile before he wore our old clothes, and by then we could probably doe with some new clothes. I knew that we didn't need to hang onto boxes of clothes that no one in this house wears or will wear. Some things were harder that others to give away. I have such vivid memories of my boys in some of my favorite outfits. I even kept one box of my very favorites. I think I deserve that much.
As sad as it was to see them go, it also feels great. It is nice to purge, to open up space and feel like we are little closer to having a place for all of the stuff that we do use. And it feels good to know that they found a good home. Another mom gets to love her little boy in the same footed PJs that I loved my little boys. Part of the mom's circle of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment