Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sharing a Room

Back in the salad days, (when we were living in MT,) our boys had their own rooms. Bedtime was a breeze. Mitch and I would divide and conquer. Each of us would take a child, read a few stories, sing a few songs, turn on the night light and leave. It stayed quiet from the moment we left their room until the next morning, (usually).

Now life has taken a turn for the chaotic. The boys have been sharing a room since we moved and it has been CRAZY to say the least. We try oh so many things to make bedtime less crazy, from threats to bribes to all the stuff the books say your are supposed to do and it just doesn't seem to change things. Daylight savings has made things even worse! We hear them settling down at around 10:00 P.M. after putting them down at 7:00. Some days are better than others, some are worse. Much worse!

Like last night, for example. We shot for a 7:00 bedtime since the boys have been acting extremely tired. We had them clean their room as we always do before bed. Did the bedtime routine and put them to bed. When I went to check on them a few (noisy) hours later this is what I saw.
crazy bed 002 writing
The room was a disaster. They were using the cushion from the papasan chair for a blanket and everything was in disarray.
crazy bed 004 writing
Asher was wearing multipule layers of PJs (thats three bottoms+underwear, and two tops) . This morning Jackson informed me that he was wearing many layers as well.
crazy bed 003 writing And Jackson had a big old goose egg and cut on his forehead!

What were those boys doing?
One thing I can say for certain, they were having fun.

7 comments:

Ann said...

ummmm.....hilarious.

The Harrises said...

Oh my! These boys will be bonded for life! Funny post with your labels.

Nykreim said...

Oh my gosh!! We have had so many of those same nights. Sometimes I wonder why my boys even have beds!!!

April said...

This is great stuff. I have so been there (June through December actually). My sympathies.
PS-Soren has started biting. Seems these problems just go round and round. No one escapes!

Emily said...

As sad and frustrating as that is I cannot help but laugh! The evidence of creativity and mischief seen in that picture is classic and so funny!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I know you say reading my blog reminds you of how your boys once were ... I read your blog and think "oh man, that is what is to come!" Once you figure out the secrets, tell me!

Jon and Melissa said...

So, so funny. I love that you documented the craziness. This is what happens in our house now that Henry and Emma are sharing. It is always a surprise what I find when I go to check on them before going to bed. I might try documenting it sometime like you-it is nice to have some concrete evidence!