Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Report card time

Today I got Jackson's report card. I was looking over each of his teacher's remarks and overall he is doing great. We are very proud of him and how well he is doing in kindergarten. He has learned so much already. However, his art teacher and his P.E. teacher, remarked that he does not listen to directions. So I talked to him about it. His reply; "Oh, no!" he said very seriously, "I Think they gave me someone elses report card!" I laughed, I couldn't help myself. "No, mom I always listen. They must have given me the wrong one" He was totally sincere.

Jackson is a pleaser and he really wants to do the right thing, but he does love to talk and do his own thing. We kind of knew that we would be seeing something along the "doesn't listen to directions" lines on his report card.

1 comment:

Nykreim said...

ummm yes, that is minor to hear!! He is such a good kid!!

I had a teacher tell me once about one of my older boys, that it frustrated her, because he was always doing something, while she was giving instructions, mostly hideing a book under his desk and reading it, but it bugged her because she could never catch him off gaurd, she would try to trick him and he would ALWAYS have the answere. They told me all the time in Kindergarten, first grade and on up, that he had trouble listening to direction, but as he has gotten older, we have found he is listening, he just is a serious multitasker!! Not sure that is a great thing, but it is what it is!! :)