Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Happy Surprise!

This pregnancy has been a little crazy with a number of unexpected surprises (some not so good). But we were blessed with a happy final surprise with the birth of our Lily Kate. I was attempting a VBAC and it was starting to look like I wasn't progressing (10 hours and only dilated 2 cm), so I was wheeled into the operating room in preparation for a c-section, when, surprise! The baby was ready to come (in 30 minutes I fully dilated). With no anesthesia (remember that IS what Mitch does) I got my VBAC, and I only pushed for maybe 10 minutes. We feel so blessed that after so many crazy things this pregnancy, the ending was so happy. It was so wonderful to see my little girl for the first time, with my husband by my side. It is a moment we were unable to experience with our first two children.

Welcome to the world Lily, and welcome to our family. We have been waiting and praying for you for a long time. crop pink
lily kate's first 079 copy

lily kate's first 102 copy

lily kate's first 109 copy 2

lily kate's first 095 copy

lily kate's first 078 copy

lily kate's first 120 copy

lily kate's first 129 copy

6 comments:

Holly said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations, I can't wait to give her a squeeze. I am so happy for you and Mitch. Love you guys.

abby o said...

She is just perfect, congrats you guys!

the child family said...

Yay! She's here! So great you could do the vbac - Congrats you guys!!

Hillary said...

Wendy... Congrats on the baby girl! She is beautiful. Lily is such a classy name... its been my favorite since I was little. I hope I can have my own Lily soon! I am so happy for you guys!

Dave and Mel said...

awesome birth story!! so great your hubby was finally there :)

Glenna and Bob said...

She is beautiful!!! So glad all went well and Mitch got to be there. What a great family you have, the boys look so excited.
Can't wait to meet her.