The morning went just as I predicted. Jackson was so happy and ready to go at 7:00 am, and Asher was sad from the moment he woke up because he knew what was coming. Jackson picked out his clothes for the day and was ready to go. We got a few pictures and we were off to the bus stop.


This is so sad, but this is what I had to deal with. I finally got him to stop crying with bribes of chocolate and told him he could go to his own school someday. Notice Asher has his backpack with him.

Happy Jackson. He was the first one on the bus. He was the happiest kid at the bus stop. He went up to one of the neighbor kids and asked him why he had a sour face? I mean he should be happy, it's the first day of school. They get to ride the bus!

These are kind of my favorite. I love the first one with the "deer in the headlight" look on his face. I think at this moment it all hit him. In the second one he is crying, but not because he is sad about going to school, it is because he was sad for Asher. At this point Asher was in a full on fit because he couldn't get on the bus, and Jackson, the ever concerned brother, started to cry for him. They are so close, and this summer they have become very attached. I knew there would be tears. I just hope that Jackson got over it quickly. I want the happy Jackson to be the one that arrives at school.
Follow up: Jackson returned home as excited as ever. He couldn't stop talking about the day. He made new friends, he played on the playground, and he even got homade cookies from his teacher. He can't wait to go back tomorrow.
8 comments:
Oh, that last picture is so sad....I hope he arrived happy at school too. The rest of the story though, he's just like Hayley - happy and excited for school. ;)
I cannot believe that beautiful baby of your is going to kindergarten! That is crazy. He looks so grown up.
Oh - how cute! I feel really bad for Asher too. Cute little boys. I just those those big Jackson eyes! The deer in the headlights is the perfect way to describe his look. Nice pics too. You are inspiring me to learn more about photography. Have a good one!
So cute! I love how you documented it all. I can't believe he is already in Kindergarten. How time flies! Hope you are doing well. Glad the baby is still staying put. Give Asher a hug for us!
What a beautiful posting! I know Jackson will treasure it someday. I hope school is a wonderful experience for him. And I hope Asher feels better now! That is so pitiful!!
Martie
Wow, true empathy, Jackson. That bus picture is hilarious!
He is such an outgoing little guy, it doesn't surprise me one bit that he is loving it all.
Wendy, I love your Blog. It is so
fun seeing and hearing what you
are all doing. Glad things are
going well with your pregnancy.
Your boys are so cute and I think
you are an amazing mom.
I am always telling you how much your two boys remind me of my two oldest boys, but this one cracks me up, if only I was blogging then, but I have a really great scrap book page I will have to scan and show you someday,... identical... vance excited but nervous and Gjori crying histerically!! Too funny. Don't worry, I just put my oldest in 6th grade.. Middle school, so yes it does all change from there, but mostly good if you can believe it! :)
Post a Comment