Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Life goes on, and so does the fun

My boys are amazing. I feel so fortunate to have such wonderful boys at a time when I really need all the help I can get. One of the biggest blessings of my life so far has been having my two boys two years apart. They love each other so much and have more fun together than any two kids I know. It has been so nice through my whole pregnancy because they have had each other and they just play for hours. Sure they wrestle and fight too, but they are never as happy as when the are playing together. Since we have moved I have had a hard time finding things for them to do and places for them to go. Our old house had a big backyard and a basement so they could disappear for hours and not need me for anything but food.

Now we are in a new place and, due to the complications with my pregnancy, I am unable to do anything for them but provide meals a few times a day. My mom, offered to buy us a trampoline for mine and Mitch's birthday, to give the boys something to do, and it has been a hit. The boys love it. Yesterday they put on their swimsuits, pulled out the pool and the slide and had a fun morning. At one point Jackson told me it was just like the Mitchell Pool, which is the pool in Great Falls that has water slides and all kinds of hydraulic fun. As you can see they are easily entertained. As am I. I could have watched them all day, they were so joyful. I think we just might survive this summer. And hopefully have a few good times as well.





*Disclaimer* The trampoline does have an enclosure, which we will get up as soon as possible. It just requires Mitch, and we don't see much of him these days. Hopefully this Saturday we will make the boys a little safer. However, the pictures are much better without the enclosure.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Okay so I was shocked to see the trampoline without the net...Mitch is a doctor right? Jk

Mary said...

welcome to the life of a resident's wife... I'm glad you have something for the boys. Are you on the bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy??