Saturday, July 4, 2009

Yellow Fever

The Tour is on! I am talking about the Tour de France. Mitch and I first became addicted in 2004, (while Mitch was supposed to be studying for the boards.) We had the TV on "The Lance Armstrong Channel" (then OLN) all day long. I learned that summer that we weren't the only ones. Pretty much everyone in my family has the same addiction. My brother, Blake even signed up for cable for the first time so they could watch.

I am grateful to have something to look forward to each day now that I am on bed rest. There really was nothing on TV. The race is on all day, with the replay of that days race like 4 or 5 times a day. Phil Ligget and Paul Sherwin's voices have the kind of timbre I could listen to all day. And the race and scenery is amazing. If you have never watched you really should. It is so motivating, and right now a little depressing since I can't even walk around the block. Jackson watched the race today and became even more obsessed with riding his bike. Today he had us come outside to watch him, because he wanted us to tell him if he had the same form as the riders during the time trial. Bless him he really tired, he also asked if he was as fast as them. Right now I am pulling for Christian Vandevelde, and Levi Leipheimer, I would also love to see George Hincampie do something great after 14 years of the tour. My favorites might change as things move on. But those are my guys for now. Now, go watch!

1 comment:

abby o said...

aw, man, that almost makes bed rest sound pretty good.