Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Magic of Asher



What better time than a birthday to gush about someone you love. I just have to take a few minutes and write about how completely smitten I am with my Asher. He is nothing but pure joy and happiness.

He went through a rough patch a few months ago, I really wasn't sure what had happened to my angel baby. Then, due to circumstances beyond my control, our daily schedule changed and Asher and I ended up spending more time together. What I thought was a terrible thing, turned out to be a huge blessing. The extra time with him showed me what I was missing and helped him over come his mean streak. He has turned back into that little person who could always return me to a place of peace. He can change the way I feel with just one look. He has the most amazing smile, (he got it from his dad.) He is also extremely funny. And not like he does funny things because he is a kid. He has a sense of humor and uses it to make us laugh. He makes up funny words to songs, or makes up funny scenarios and plays them out. He also pulls faces at us when he know he is on the verge of getting into trouble, and he is amazing, it works! He is also just funny because he is a three year old little boy.

Asher is completely obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine right now. He wakes up in the morning, walks down stairs and starts playing with his train, I can usually pull him away for meals and nap time, but other than that, he is happy being with his trains as long as we will let him. He sings all the songs and know all the characters and what they say. I love it when something happens and he say, "bust my buffers," or "cinders and ashes." It is so funny. He also loves anything big brother loves and right now that is jets. Jackson knows all about fighter jets and he talks about them all the time. Thus, so does Asher. He talks about F-22 raptors, or A-10 warthogs and F-16s. He has a Harrier bomber and and SR-71 he loves and likes to take them with him wherever he goes. The jets go with him, but the trains stay on the track in the island of Sodor, they don't leave, he likes it that way.

And then there is my favorite. This boy is a singer. He is always singing, and he is good! He learns word super fast and he is right on with the melody. I know that I am biased but I also think it is the cutest little voice ever. My favorite is when he sings "Baby Beluga." or "Close to You" which was the song that I sang to him from the time he was born. He is the boy from the song; "On the day that you were born the angels got together and decided to create a dream come true/So they sprinkled star dust in your hair of gold and moonbeams in your eyes of blue."


I can't seem to put into words how magical this little boys is. He is a miracle and I am so grateful that I get to be his mother. He is Happy and he makes all in his family Happy. We love you Asher!

4 comments:

jordan said...

Happy Birthday Asher!
I think your pictures turned out great. The first one is my favorite!

Jon and Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Asher. We love you too! I love the pictures you took of him. Great work!

Abs said...

Is Asher three already? I swear that Jackson is still a toddler. Wow, time flies. He really seems like such a cutie. I love the pictures you posted of him.

Chazlyn Robbins said...

He's adorable! Great pictures, did you take them or have them done?