Tuesday, September 30, 2008

O Canada!

Another weekend, another beautiful camping trip. This time we went to Banff. It was gorgeous. I new it would be beautiful but I was unprepared for how beautiful. The fall leaves were brilliant and the mountain peaks snow capped and looming. Sure it was a little (very!) cold, but totally worth it.
We will call 2008 The Year of the Bear. Check out this big griz getting ready to lay down for the winter.
Moraine Lake
Lake Louise
If you look at the reflection in the window you can see our view from the cabin.

This is the cabin we stayed in for one night. It had an amazing view and a beautiful hike right out the front door.


Our beautiful Asher. He was an angel this trip.
Sweet Jackson.

Family portraits with the fall leaves as backdrop.

The Smith family. We bookended our summer with them. Smith River in May(view here and here), and Banff in September. We love traveling with these guys.

What you don't see is how high up this sign is. Mitch had to do some climbing to get up here, but it makes for a great picture.


FYI: We drove a scenic route through Kanaskis, it was such a beautiful drive and totally worth the extra time it took, we even choose to take the same drive home. We camped at Lake Louise campground the second to last night that they would allow tent camping, it was soooooo cold. the boys were troopers. Asher made up for being less than good on other trips by being an angel on this one. Moraine Lake and Lake Louise were highlights. We went to Banff hot springs for some warmth on a cold day. And enjoyed the doughnuts of Tim Horton's. A good time was had by all!

3 comments:

jordan said...

I think all of your encounters with bears has made you unafraid.... how close were you to the big grizz?!

gorgeous by the way.

Jen said...

I have to say, I am not outdoorsy (no surprise there, I'm sure!), but your pictures SO MAKE ME WANT TO BE...and want to live in Montana. We miss you guys. Wanna come play Settlers?

Jon and Melissa said...

Wow, amazing pictures. You guys are getting it all in aren't you??? I hope you don't have anymore bear encounters. Don't press your luck!