
We just went on the most amazing adventure. Mitch had been trying to get a permit for our us to run the Smith River here in Montana for awhile now. He got really lucky on Tuesday and were able to get a permit for this last weekend. It was such a lucky trip.
1. He got the permit, they are very limited and hard to come by.
2. Our friends the Smith's were able to go with us this weekend to add to the fun.
3. A 10 person raft was available from the ORC on base with a dry box and large cooler, all nessecary if you are going to spend three days on a river with 8 people.
4. The weather here in Montana has been really quite cold, but for the three days we were going to be on the river it was 85 to 90 degrees, perfect weather.
5. A wonderful woman that Mitch and Christian work with offered to drive us the 2 hours to the put in so that we wouldn't have to drive shuttle the night that we got off the river, and she hooked us up with a second trailer for the raft at the pickup location.
6. We got the some of the best campsites on the river, they were amazing. I couldn't believe the views we woke up to.
7. The best one of all, the kids were so good. I was amazed at how well they did other than a few melt downs (Asher is two) the kids were so cute it wouldn't have been the same trip without them.
I could go on and on. I will probably post about this again once we get the rest of our pictures. And I could always say more about what a great trip we had. It was so beautiful. Mitch had told me how beautiful it was (he flies over the Smith River in his helicopters,) but the beauty was more than I even expected. I hope we get the chance to do it again.
Mitch at the oars.
Asher sleeping




Our second campsite
We woke up to this beautiful sight. What a great trip!
4 comments:
What a fun adventure. Your kids are going to have such neat pictures and memories! You guys always do the coolest activities. I am way jealous!
Soooooooo fun! and lucky. As I was reading through you're list I was like "yep, lucky, yep, lucky...". and beautiful.
That looks so much fun:) I wish we had time to get some more fun out of our lives:)
That is so fun, we hadn't heard about this one.
We are hoping Asher is Ok??
Post a Comment