Friday, August 22, 2008

Another trip to the cabin

We made it to Hebgan Lake for another fun time at my family's cabin. We have been going to the cabin my whole life, my dad's whole life really. My grandpa started taking the family there when he was nine years old, I think. It is one of my favorite places to go, because it is so beautiful and you can make it as peaceful or adventurous as you want. You can sit on the beach or in the cabin and read books, play games, and hang out. Or, if you are feeling more hard core water ski, wake board, hike, bike (both road and mountain), there has been white water kayaking, canoeing on the lake, fishing or you can go into Yellowstone Park, it's just the perfect place. Did I mention it's beautiful!

This time we were lucky enough to have my whole family there, (though not all at the same time.) We have are hard time getting everyone together these days due to work and school schedules, not to mentions we are scattered all over the west. Here are a few pictures from the week.

ANOTHER BEAR! actually there were two, I only got a picture of one. They were hanging out behind the cabins. For those of you keeping count that makes 5 this summer.
I just love this one of Jackson. He wanted to surf so bad. He kept standing on the knee board and saying, surfs up ho daddy, ho daddy. He says this move is called "tripabunga." My favorite was when he told Ryder he would give him the board, he was just waiting for a wave. He was waiting a very long time. Papa's boat was a big hit. The boys climbed around the tower pretending it was a pirate ship. (Jordan has those pictures)
Lila, so cute!
All six Child children. This is a rare moment, see they are all holding still.
There were so many pictures I just I couldn't use them all, and I didn't get a lot of the good ones that my sister and sister-in-law took. I may have to post them when I get them for my sake.



I will mention the only negative, only because they were so much a part of the trip; Mosquitoes! they sure know how to ruin a good time. Poor Ryder had his eyes almost swell shut and the other kids looked like they all had chicken pox. It was too hard to keep then inside when there is so much to do outside. Bug spray only worked for about a minute and I think we went through about 10 cans before the trip was over.
Now for the good; We had adventures at Frog island catching frogs and fishing, hours of fun with minnows, a trip to find a pirate island and dig for buried treasure. The three big kids did a little knee boarding off the boom on Papa's boat. Blake built a ramp off the dock and he, Mitch, Matt, and McCade all went off it, crazy fools! The food was good. We trained for triathlons with some running, Jordan (a little more hard core) swam the lake, Blake, Dad and Jordan went for a bike ride to Quake Lake. I taught Laura how to knit and Jordan how to bead. Jordan lead us in Pilates now that she is an instructor. The boys ( Garrett & Connor) played tetris (that got a little old, you came to the cabin to do this.) And we stayed up late every night solving the problems of the world or laughing at something that only the Child family finds funny.
To sum up; A good time was had by all.

3 comments:

the child family said...

he he, I just read it, "I taught Laura how to knit and Jordan how to read." Oh, beeeeaaad.
It was a very fun trip and thanks again for the knitting lesson, you are an excellent instructor!

Unknown said...

great post. It pretty much summed it up.
I LOVE the pic of Jackson on the knee board. Such good timing. I'll get the pictures to you ASAP. I need to get home first.

jordan said...

said jordan as well.