Sunday, July 13, 2008

Smith River Trip #2

I was lucky enough this last weekend to get a second chance to run the Smith River. This time I went with Dave Oldham, a friend from work. Once again the river and scenery couldn't have been more spectacular. We had great weather and another unbelievable experience. We each took an inflatable kayak and loaded it with gear. I missed having Wendy and the boys along this time, but enjoyed the opportunity to get in more hiking and swimming. We saw another bear this trip, so I am two for two on bear citings. It swam across the river right in front of us (see video). We saw a ton of other wildlife. I love this river and can't wait to do it again.








1 comment:

Wendy P said...

Wow! Mitch it looks like you had a great time. I hope that more people comment on how lucky you were to get to do this super cool trip.