
I just felt like blogging about knitting. I guess I'm a knitter. It started with hats a few years ago, I actually never got very good at hats. They were always the wrong size or just not that cute. I was working without a pattern and I had now idea what doing, I just wanted to do it. I found that the repetitive nature of knitting was enjoyable for me, which is funny because I didn't learn earlier because I thought it would be too monotonous. But as it turns out I love it! After the hats I found a pattern in a Martha Stewart Magazine for Christmas stockings, it took several failed attempts to get it right, but now I love to make them. I made my own adjustments to the pattern and have made some that I really love (I will have to get a picture of Melissa and Michelle's.) I've been doing them as Christmas gifts each year for different family members. Ironically I have not made stockings for my own family, I bought our stockings before I learned how to knit. I think I might be out of family to make them for, I don't know what I will do with myself this year!
Recently I was reading a novel about a knitting shop, and found a pattern for a baby blanket in the front. It looked like something I could do so I gave it a go. It really is quit easy and if you are a knitter the pattern for this baby afghan is here
. I did it in pink because to be honest, I am sick of boy colors. I figure people are always having babies and someone has to have a girl at some point, or I could always use it for me, I like pink. Now that I have finished it I am looking for my next knitting project. I think I will give a hand bag a try, we will see what I can find. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.
. I did it in pink because to be honest, I am sick of boy colors. I figure people are always having babies and someone has to have a girl at some point, or I could always use it for me, I like pink. Now that I have finished it I am looking for my next knitting project. I think I will give a hand bag a try, we will see what I can find. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.
8 comments:
That blanket is beautiful. I knew how to knit at one point...but could use a serious refresher!
Go, Wendy! I love to knit, too. I love the afghan. You live in Montana. You should do a fun scarf :)
Bravo on the blanket! You will have to teach me how to do it. I love your new layout too. How did you do the header? I got our background from thecutestblogs.com Looks like you got a chance to get away....then I don't feel so bad for our excursions. The sling shot looks like so much fun....where did you get it? Miss you and talk to you soon.
Love the blanket! I will have to send pictures of our stockings-which we still LOVE by the way. The only pictures that I have they are stuffed full. I will look though.
Wow - I'm totally impressed. Nice work. The blanket is so beautiful. :)
You are amazing! I wish we lived closer to you guys, you could teach me. The only thing I have tried was a hot pad and..... lol that didn't turn out very straight. You really do a great job!
That is great. The stockings are really nice. When I saw your blog heading though, I thought someone had been to the emergency room again...stitches!
I love this blanket!! I read a book about knitting too, which one did you read? It made me want to knit and I've tried a little, but need to get serious about it if I want to be awesome like you- nice work!
Post a Comment