Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Into the Light













"Into the Light" is a musical based on the "mighty change" of Alma the younger. It was a great production, a wonderful opportunity, and I had so much fun. It has been a very long time since I have done any kind of musical theatre and I was kind of okay with that. When this opportunity presented itself, I really wanted to do it, I felt compelled to do it. And I am so glad that I did. Nephi says "liken the scriptures unto [ourselves]" and this play really helped me do that. I really looked at Alma and the four sons of Mosiah and the transformation they went through. Thier story really shows the power of repentance. I don't think we can comprehend the evil those men did in leading many away in their efforts to destroy the church, and yet they were great missionaries and leaders. It was a spiritually uplifting experience. And, I had so much fun. I met some of the coolest people. I got to sing great songs and hear some of the best singing I have heard in a long time, our Alma was amazing. I wish you all could have seen the production. It really was great.

I played Shariah, the daughter of King Mosiah, a fictional character added to bring some more dimension to the story. Alma the younger and Shariah were in love until he decided to become bad. I try to bring him and my brothers Ammon, Aaron, Omner & Himni, back but it takes and angel's rebuke to do the trick. In the end they all become good, Shariah gets her man, so I got to sing a cheesy love song to another man (not awkward at all!)

"We'll Stand as a Witness" The final song
Shariah and Alma in our best prom picture pose (Mitch took the picture and he messed up the flash putting Eric in the dark. Was this intentional? )
My best friend Kinmi who is also Alma's sister

Shariah and her brothers Aaron, Ammon, Omner & Himni

3 comments:

Jon and Melissa said...

Wow you look amazing! That looks like it was a lot of hard work! I am glad that you had so much fun-I am sure opportunities like that don't come along very often-that is cool that you were able to be a part of it!

the child family said...

Wendy, that looks like so much fun! Did you record it? If so, you need to bring it to Vegas, I would love to see it. I'll keep my fingers crossed you can get here!

jordan said...

looks like a great production. Mom and Dad said it was close to broadway.

your costumes turned out fab by the way.