Seven things we learned in 2007:
1. Potty training is not for the faint of heart! I knew that potty training would be a challenge. But so have all the other steps of parenthood. Pregnancy, childbirth, late nights, feedings, poopy diapers, sleep training, temper tantrums. All these things were hard but I felt like I had it under control, it really wasn't that bad. Well, potty training was that bad and worse! I could not get that boy to use the potty for number 2 no matter what I bribed or threatened. However, magically, one day he got it and hasn't had any problems really, since. I just have to say I am a little more jaded when it comes to potty training Asher.
2. 18 months old is the magical age in this family. No matter how sweet and mellow an infant. Sleeps all day, just sits on your lap, only cries when something is really wrong, lets mommy or daddy make all the decisions, you know that baby. At 18 months that all changes. My boys get an opinion and are determined to express it. While some of these new personality traits are fun and cute, others are not so charming. Due to the size of my boys, their "that's my toy" hit is often perceived as worse that other toddlers. And we do get some epic temper tantrums. But I love that they start to talk and show me a little bit of that person that they are going to be.
3. When you sit down to get your hair cut, make sure that what you have in mind, and what the stylist is going to do, are the same thing. I'm not saying that I don't like my haircut. Okay, I am. It was just a bit of a shock when I thought I was loosing one maybe two inches and I lost a whole lot more! I am still trying to figure out what to do with this new coif that I am sporting. I just hope that it grows out fast.
4. We thought we already learned this one but I guess we needed to learn it again. We may make plans, but Heavenly Father has other, hopefully better, plans for us. I'm not sure what they are right now. But we are learning and we are grateful.
5. Two boys is better than one. I have loved watching our baby Asher become a little boy and playmate for his big brother Jackson. They share a love of trains and cars and Asher is always eager to play whatever Jackson has in mind. And amazingly, maybe because he is HUGE, he can keep up. I love it when Jackson does thing just to make Asher laugh. They can go on like that for hours. And you really should see those boys dance!
6. Eight is great! Mitch and I celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary in May. And life is good. We have had so many adventures in our eight years. From the places we've lived, the trips we've been on and having children, we have had many wonderful experiences. Seeing Mitch being a dad to those to boys is one of the greatest joys of my life.
7. The blessing just keep getting bigger and better. We faced quite a few challenges in 2007. But at the end of everyday, we felt like the most blessed people in the world. We love our Montana home, our little family, the gospel, our extended family, our friends old and new, and all the little blessings and miracles that occur every day.
1 comment:
Wendy I completely agree with the potty training! Everything leading up to potty training was a breeze! If I would have known how difficult #2 in the toilet was going to be, I would have sent Luke to day care until they taught him. We're still working on it. So if you have any tips...
Post a Comment