Sunday, January 20, 2008

This time two years ago

I woke up at 3:30 a.m. Asher was making noise and it woke me up and I haven't been able to go back to sleep since then. And then I realized that two years ago on this date, Asher woke me up with labor pains which led to a drive from Logan to Salt Lake in a snow storm with my mom, to University of Utah Hospital, where he was born at 8:20 a.m. He was a few weeks early and he spent some time in the NICU. I later found how lucky we really were that he was born, and everything was mostly alright.

In the past two years I wake up everyday knowing how lucky I am that he was born. He is the true definition of his name "happy, blessed, lucky." He is happy and he makes us so happy. When he smiles there is nothing better in this world. He is a blessing. He is really a miracle from the very beginning. I know I am gushing, but a birthday seems to be an appropriate time for a mother to gush. I wish you all could hear him laugh. It is such a beautiful sound!

We celebrated his birthday Saturday with a sledding party, followed by pizza and cake. Blowing out his candle was a highlight. He used every muscle in his body to blow that thing out. He was shaking he was working so hard. It was so funny. When he saw his cake, he threw both hands in the air and yelled "Wow!" In all it was a good birthday. He didn't have the rota virus like last year, so that makes it a really great birthday. We saved presents for Sunday, his real birthday, and I am sure that I will have more to say and more pictures after that.

Happy Birthday, Asher! The world is a better place because you are here.



Asher blowing out his candle!

1 comment:

the child family said...

Lily would have done the same thing (blowout the candle).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Asher!!! So sad we can't see the little guy more often:(
Give him a big birthday hug from the Child family.

p.s. I am going to see about that song tonight!