Friday, January 11, 2008

The Cruise


We were fortunate to go on a Caribbean cruise with all the members of the Child family (sans kids) for the week after Christmas. It was so much fun! We went to Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Georgetown, Grand Caymen. Took the boat to Cozumel, but never got off, then ended up in Freeport, Bahamas. We had a lot of fun on the boat and on land. The food was great and always there. Mitch loved trying all the food that we wouldn't get anywhere else, escargot, frog legs, caviar and other crazy stuff. I wasn't as adventurous. One of my favorite parts was dinner every night with my whole family together for the first time in at least two years. We had great food and good conversation. I learned a lot more about my family and was reminded of how much I laugh when we are all together.

Ft. Lauderdale just before launch
The boys, the Miami skyline in the background

Dunn's River falls, Jamaica

The Boat
Happy New Year! Stingray City, Grand Caymen



Scooters in Freeport, Bahamas


The Child Family in the Bahamas

7 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

How much fun!! What a great Christmas family activity. You look great!

Megan J. Dawson said...

I was waiting for cruise pictures. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Amber M. said...

SO FUN! Cruises are the best...and without kids? Bliss.

jordan said...

good times! we need to get the picture sharing going. i thing picassa.com is what we're doing.

the child family said...

All right! Cruise pictures! Such a good time but I'm afraid I've now trained my body to eat every other hour.
Mitch was for sure a cowboy on the food experimentation. I'm sure now you've began the search for a good souffle (sp?)recipe?

the child family said...

p.s. love Mccade's face in the stingray picture

Abs said...

You guys are always doing the funnest things! Some how it never works ou for us...Anyway, I can't believe how big your boys are and you and Mitch still look great.