Friday, November 2, 2007

I'm it!

Thanks, Laura. You have caused me more self reflection than I have taken time for in years. It's a little un-nerving to try and think of six little know facts about yourself. Here goes.

The Rules
1. The player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves - try to find 6 you haven't already posted about!
2. At the end of the post, the player tags 6 people and posts their names, and then goes to their blog and leaves them a comment, letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog for the rules.

1. I wish that I loved to clean and organize. I crave an immaculate house with a place for everything and everything with a place. However, I HATE to clean and organize, thus my house is nowhere near what I dream it could be. Maybe someday I will get over my aversion and live the dream.

2. My three wishes are really easy. I wish that I could play any instrument in a virtuoso fashion. It almost hurts me how I am unable to play any instrument well enough to mention. Second goes right along with that one, I wish that singing came a little easier to me, and I could sing any style, any song. I think that my struggles make me a better teacher, so I guess that could me considered a blessing. And finally, I slightly differ from Jordan. I wish we didn't have to eat to survive. I hate thinking about what to eat, if it is healthy, how fat it will make me, am I poisoning my kids with yucky ingredient. I love to eat, but I would prefer that it be my decision if I eat or not.

3. I am two people. One who loves the outdoors and nature, clean air and wide open spaces. I just want to live on acres of land somewhere in Montana forever. Swim in lakes and rivers. Take my kids for hikes everyday, and just live the simple life. But on the other hand I can go to a city and love it. When we went to NYC I really could see myself living there. Not forever or anything, but I do love the museums, theaters and even the shopping. Cities have and energy that is really kind of fun. Sometimes I want to be all girly and dresses up, other time I just want to be natural. Not think about what I am going to wear, or do my hair or anything. I kind of like be bi-polar in this way. It give me options.

4. I love a good countdown show. If I'm flipping through the channels and I come across a countdown I will stay and watch it to then end. For example, I am not a sports fan but the other day I watch top ten quarterbacks of all time and I even had an opinion as to who should be #1. When they would have the top 100 countdowns on VH1 It was must see TV for me. If I couldn't watch the whole thing I would record it and watch it later.

5. If I could have one element of my former life (pre-marriage, pre-babies) it would be dancing. I would love to take dance classes, all different kinds. And I love dancing just for the fun of it. I miss dances either at a concert or just a stupid school dance. Occasionally somewhere will have a dance for adults, like I have become, but everyone has matured and so I feel like I need to act mature, and so I don't get to dance like I want to. A few times I have been to a dance with my mom and sister and we have so much fun (much to the dismay of the men in our lives.) And I still dance all crazy-like in my living room with my kids. Right now they think it's funny, but I know someday they will be embarrassed.

6. Wow, this should be a good one, such pressure. I always have been happy, but after Jackson was born I realized I didn't really know what happiness was until I became a mother. I know there is a problem with saying "I will be happy when..." But I really knew that to be true when we were trying to become parents. Sure my life has become more complicated. I can't just go where I want whenever I want. My days are filled with kids stuff and kids conversation. And sure I loose my cool with them all the time. But I felt true joy when saw that little heartbeat in my first ultrasound. Seeing Mitch as a father just adds to my joy. He loves those boys and I know that they make his life better as well. And the happiness has just multiplied. We gave Asher his name for many reason, one was that it means "happy" and I wanted to give a child a name that meant what I felt being a mother. Happy.

So now tag to; Rachel, Stephani, Melanie, Kim, and Dana. If you all want to. Sorry I only have five anyone else I know has already been tagged. No pressure, but I would love to see what you have to say.

1 comment:

the child family said...

All right, Wendy! I was beginning to think that no one was going to accept my "tag" but you have pulled through nicely.

I am with you on the dancing thing. I so long to dance again. I feel like I've totally supressed that side of me, it's sad. I hear cruises have lots of dances though so we'll have to bust it out then. Whoohoo!