Saturday, November 10, 2007

Home

"I want to go home." It was such a strange feeling to think that again. I have been living away from Logan, Utah for close to seven years now. It took me awhile, but I am to the point where home is wherever we are currently living. In fact I really don't plan on moving back to Logan. But last night Mitch and I went to the Banff Mountain Film Festival. As I sat in the auditorium surrounded by most of Great Falls, I looked around expecting to see the old gang, and thought "I want to go home." I haven't thought about Logan as being home for years, especially after my parents left. But remembering the good old days with our Logan friends, going to the Banff films festival, or the latest ski or Kayak movie, I got a little home sick for one of the happiest times of my life. I remembered so clearly the way we all looked back then. The plans we would make for our next adventure. We had so much fun. I never really caught onto kayaking or back-country skiing like my friends did, but I didn't care. I loved being outside with great people and enjoying the mountains that surround beautiful Cache Valley. I honestly never thought that time in our lives would come to an end. I guess it hasn't really. We still all keep in touch. We try to get together whenever we can (which is getting harder all the time) and we still love the outdoors and whatever activities we can fit in with our families and work. At the core we are still the same adventurous, mountain loving people. Just a few kids, a few degrees and a few jobs later. Life has changed and I love where where we are right now. Two beautiful boys, living in gorgeous Montana. Mitch has a great job and we have great friends up here. But in that moment last night, I wanted to go home to the person I once was and the people that I feel the most like myself around. My Logan friends. My Logan home.

The Logan gang (minus a few) in the glory days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not hard for Logan to still seem like home when you are in LA. I know how you feel.

Anonymous said...

Come to think of it the TGR LA premiere was tonight at the Viper Room on Sunset. But alas the "Man" in holding me down.

jordan said...

kind of like "Cheers", huh?
yeah, Logan will always be home to me. that's why I'm routing for mom and dad to settle there.