I just kissed my Lily Bean good night for the last time as a three year old. I love bed time with my sweet girl. Lately her bedtime ritual has been exactly the same every night. I have to read her Brave, or "Merida" as she calls it, then it's prayers and kisses and good-night. My favorite part is she always blows me kisses as I leave. She has done that since she could blow kisses. Tonight, it was basically the same with a few very sweet differences:
At one point I poked her belly button, and she started to laugh hysterically, which made me laugh and so it went on, for a while like that. After prayers I told her how much I loved her and how exciting it is that she is going to be four. I told her I was the happiest mommy in the world four years ago, that she is the little girl I dreamed of. That every night I prayed for a baby, and Heavenly Father sent me her. To which she replied, "When this family didn't have a Lily, you were all very sad. But now you have a Lily and you are happy." She is very right, we are all very happy to have her in our family. I will say here that I was very happy when this family had a Jackson and Asher, there was just a Lily shaped hole that was missing, and now that she has filled it, (and Greta has filled the Greta shaped hole,) we are ridiculously happy.
She then told me that she loves Captain American and his friends because he is going to be her prince in this castle, (I think she means our house) and his friends are going to be his knights. She is so grateful for Captain America, and he will be at her birthday tomorrow, (I hope she is okay, when he is not...) She also talked about how Captain America will miss her if she keeps getting bigger. Oh, then she added, "Mommy, did you know that I really love Werewolves?" I don't ever want her to grow up! This stage is too much fun!
Lily asked me to take a picture of her this morning, "looking beautiful."
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Lily!! I just love her comments! This age is just fabulous!
Yeah for blogging. You capture moments well, both with your camera and words. The things she says make me smile.
Post a Comment