Sunday, April 14, 2013

Greta is 10 months

Greta 10 months-2 chalk web
At 10 months, Greta has become so much more mobile.  She is crawling everywhere.  She loves to crawl up to me while I am cooking dinner, or doing the dishes and  pull herself up my leg.  She has been know to pull my pants down on occasions, it's a little embarrassing, not going to lie.  She can pull herself up on furniture now and cruise around.  It seems to have happened so fast.  She went from, just rolling around in a small space to being everywhere!
Greta 10 months-36e webGreta 10 months-43e web
Greta 10 months-45e webGreta 10 months-47e web
She loves the tubby now.  She didn't love it some much for a while, but moving her to the big tubby has made a difference.  Now, when she hears the water running she goes straight for the tub and is so frantic to get in that I can barely get her undressed.
Greta 10 months-39e web
She is also very vocal.  I think I said this before, but she really seems to want to be heard.  She will pop out her binki, say "BAH!" really loud and then put the binki back in.  She tries to match the volume in the house, and when the boys are home, that is pretty loud.  My favorite thing is that she tires to match pitch.  This is very exciting to me.  The other day I was watching "Doctor Who"  and I swear she was singing along to the theme song.  I will hold her on my lap while I practice singing, and it sounds to me like she is singing the same notes as me.
Greta 10 months-27e web
My new favorite, which makes me a giddy is patty-a-cake.   I don't know why I love it so much but it just makes me so happy.  I had been showing her patty-a-cake over and over and she would just look at me and smile, then, the other day, Lily came home to share some good news.  I said, "Yeah!" and then Greta started clapping.  I thought it was a fluke so we, said "yeah" again and she clapped again.  Then I said "patty-a-cake"  and she clapped again.  So, stinking cute!  Of course the kids are all so in love with her.  Especially the boys.  They can't get enough.  There are so many pictures and videos on my phone, all taken by the boys.  We learn funny things watching these videos.  For example, Jackson got the first video of Greta pulling herself to staring.  Also, the other day Greta got a big bruise on her forehead.  We found a video of Jackson calling Greta; "Greta Potter, The Girl Who Lived."
Greta 10 months-9e webGreta 10 months-8e web
Greta 10 months-10e web
Greta loves this magic wand. It lights up with all kinds of crazy colors. I used it to get her to smile for pictures. She was so happy when I gave it to her.
Greta 10 months-20e webGreta 10 months-17e web
Greta 10 months-21e web
Other favs. She loves this ball, and she loves this foam block. She just sticks it in her mouth, and goes about her business. I think it must be soothing to her teething mouth.

She is such an explorer now. She loves to crawl around everywhere, and this girl is fast! The boys like to time her to see how love it takes for her to get across the kitchen or between the two of them.
Greta 10 months-54e web
Greta 10 months-56e webGreta 10 months-57e webGreta 10 months-59e webGreta 10 months-60e web
going, going, going, gone!

No comments: