
Our second port was Costa Maya Mexico. We spent the day going on a tour of Mayan ruins on the peninsula. It was so cool. We learned so much, and it was a perfect day for a tour because it was a rainy day. We spent three hours on the bus where we caught up on sleep and listened to a lot of great information/history/stories, from our tour guide. I remembered a lot about the Mayans from history classes in school, but he gave us a lot of very interesting information. We really enjoyed the tour and our guide.
Our guide, I believe his name was Miguel, He was very knowledgeable and really great. We had a crazy goup that consisted of our family and 200+ LDS single adults.
The first of the ruins we visited is called Kohunlich.


At our first stop the rain was a drizzle. As we were leaving it started to rain a little harder, by the time we got to our next stop at Dzibanche, it was pouring! We managed to keep our camera mostly dry, but we were drenched! It got so wet that I felt it was way to slippery to be climbing up the pyramids. Apparently, I was one of the only ones to feel that way, because most of the people climbed the pyramids.
Mitch at the top.
Me at the bottom.
This is called and acropolis.

This is a toxic tree. The white trees that surround it provide the antidote to the maladies of the red tree.
This tree looked like the Tree of Life to me.
I had to take this picture of McKay and Holly, because it reminded me of a picture they have from their wedding day.
Pictures of Dzibanche as we were leaving.
We were in a big hurry. We had a 2-3 hour drive back to the boat and about 2 hours to make it. We pulled in just under the wire. I am sure we were quite a sight; close to 300 of us running to the boat mere minutes before we had to be on the boat.
No comments:
Post a Comment