Asher's birthday was the first day of our cruise, so we celebrated it the day before we left.
He requested, very specifically I might add, that his cake be; a badger digging out of his hole. He also requested that it be both vanilla and chocolate. He always makes very specific request for his cakes. It is kind of fun for me to try and see what I can do with his request. Some years it works out better than others. This year, not so much. Here is what I came up with.
I swirled chocolate and vanilla cake batter in a bunt pan, crushed up oreos to look like dirt and attempted to make a badger out of fondant. The badger is not our best work, (both Mitch and I worked on it) but Asher was happy and that is all that matters.
Thinking about his wish.
Still Thinking.
Decision made.
He was so happy to have Nana and Papa their for his birthday.
They were there to watch the kids for the week while we were on the cruise. I am so, so , so grateful to them for coming.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Asher! So lucky to have your Nana and Papa there to celebrate with! You have a super nice mom to make such a sweet cake!
Post a Comment