Thursday, October 25, 2012

Lily Kate: Age 3

Lily is amazing.  We love her so much, she gets more and more fun everyday.  She can be a sweet little princess.  She can be a spunky super-hero, and often a combination of the two.  She often says she is: Captain America Princess, (or Ironman, Hawkeye, insert superhero then add princess,) Horsey Princess, Cowbee Princess, a beautiful ballerina, a Barbie, a mermaid, a puppy, a Falcon Princess, (see post below to see where that came from) a baby, a mommy, and one that shocked us because we have no idea where it came from, a Zombie Princess.  One of my favorites was when she sighed out of the blue and said, "I wish I a Barbie." 

She is a talker. Wow! is she a talker.  She talks, non-stop.  I am so surprised at the words and phrases she has at her age.  Every morning she comes and asks for cereal.  Then she taps her finger to her mouth and says, "hmm, what type of cereal do I want?"  She blows us away with her vocabulary and how well she speaks.  She does struggle with her {s} sounds, which leads to a lot of really funny words.  She usually just leaves the {s} off the begining of the word for example; tuff=stuff, poon=spoon, traw-straw, pot=spot.  She also makes up words out of nowhere and they are so funny for example:
puvie=smoothie
pelcan=skeleton
ter=store
cranitch=sandwich
bobot=pillow (seriously, I have no idea where it came from but we love it and we all say it,)
bwinka=binki
 
If someone says something that is not to her liking she says that you "broke her heart."  She has also become very sensitive and we often hear "don't laugh at me!"  Which is so funny because the boys would do anything to get us to laugh at them.  It is also hard because she does so many things that make us laugh.

She potty trained in a day.  I wasn't ready to dive into potty training with everything she had going on; ie, new house, new bed, new town, new sister, so I didn't even want to go there.  She decided she wanted to wear pullups and was really great about going #2 in the potty so I was good.  Then my mom came to visit, told Lily something about using the potty every time just before she left, and Lily has not had any problems since. (I am knocking on wood.  Given my history with my boys, I am still cautious.)  People told me girls were easier to potty train, and they appear to be right!

She is my buddy.  With the boys at school all day and Greta being such a great sleeper, it is fun to talk and play with Lily. 

She loves to sing.  Can someone please tell my why "Call Me Maybe."  is every little girls favorite song?  She sings it all the time, and it is so cute.  She has a great voice.  I know I am biased, but it makes my day to hear her sing.  She is also a great dancer.  She really has great feet and legs, her extensions are gorgeous, especially for a three year old. 

I really could go on and on.  She is a dream come true.  She is the little girl I always dreamed of having.  And I am just telling you how I feel.  Daddy is a puddle of goo when it comes to his little girl.  With two little princesses, he doesn't stand a chance!
Lily age 3-49e web
Lily age 3-47e web
Lily age 3-46e web
Lily age 3-44e webLily age 3-39e web
Lily age 3-14e web
Lily age 3-12e web
Lily age 3-11e webLily age 3-6e web
Lily age 3-28e web
Lily age 3-73e webLily age 3-59e web
Lily age 3-4e web
I've mentioned that Lily has a dynamic personality, and she has the facial expressions to match.  Here are some classics from this shoot.
Lily age 3-22e webLily age 3-20e web
Lily age 3-42e webLily age 3-71e web
This is her "beautiful" look. When she is dancing, or being a princess, this this the face she pulls. So funny!
Lily age 3-37e face web
And this is her, "I am not happy" face, nuff said.
Lily age 3-52e face web
and my personal favorite. This face scares me, but it makes me laugh. It is crazy how she can go from the sweetest face ever to this scary thing.
Lily age 3-60e web
BTW, this is not a new thing, check our this post to see her two year old pictures and her crazy faces then.

2 comments:

Lance n Amber said...

She is a lovely little gal! I can 't believe how big she's getting!

Lance n Amber said...

Sawyer is going through the exact same "don't laugh at me phase." He will yell "stop" (even at complete strangers) when he thinks someone laughs at him!