Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Blessing

We blessed our beautiful Greta Jane of September 2nd. In keeping with tradition the blessing was in Utah. We were lucky to have many of our family there. It was a beautiful day. Greta was adorable. Mitch gave a beautiful blessing. I always plan to sit and write what I remember from each of my kids blessings and then I never do. But what sticks out is Mitch talking about what a miracle sweet Greta is. Also, Lily kept running into the center of the circle and saying "Greta!?" It was a combined question and exclamation. Another memory that sticks our was my dad's closing prayer. It was like a second blessing. I don't really remember exactly what he said. I just remember the feeling that I had, he got me a little teary, as I did during Mitch's blessing.
Greta's blessing-3e web
The group shot.
Greta's blessing-4e web
The family shot, we had a really hard time getting a good picture. This picture is really more just to check the box. Yup, we got a family picture, nuf said.
Greta's blessing-6e web
Greta's blessing-5e web
Greta's blessing-9e web
Greta's blessing-13e web
My niece loved holding her little cousin. She was way more excited to hold Greta than any of my kids, but I guess they get to hold her everyday.
Greta's blessing-14e web
We had a beautiful day, spent with our wonderful family.  I am so grateful to everyone who traveled to share Greta's blessing day with us.

No comments: