Sunday, July 15, 2012

Getting back in the groove

After months of bed rest, a new baby and a move it feels like time to get my groove back.  First order of business; cooking dinner again.  We were blessed to have meals provided by the wonderful women from Partners In Medicine in Hershey for two months, then my Mother-in-law came to visit, and she cooked us great meals.  before that, it was cereal and pizza.  But now, I am ready to get back in the kitchen.  A lot of that has to do with having a kitchen that I love now.  I want to give a shout out to my new favorite cook book; Real Simple, Dinner tonight Done!
Dinner Tonight cover image of vegetable fajitas
Everything I have cooked from this cookbook is truly simple and delicious.  The family has loved it.
I also decided to make jam.  Why not.  Grandma Parrish sent the us home with a jar and the kids pretty much drank it, so I thought I should give it a shot. It was easy, and actually fun. 

jam-1 web
Now I just need to start making bread.  I am not quite there yet, but give me some time.  Hopefully I will be back to my old self soon.

No comments: