Saturday, April 14, 2012

We bought a house!

We make plans, we change plans, we think we know what we are doing and then everything turns on it's head. 

Our plan from the beginning, was to move and rent for awhile to get our feet on the ground and then decide weather or not to buy or build.  Then we started looking at houses for sale, just to see what was out there.  We found a house, fell in love, and then watched it sell, to one of Mitch's future partners no less. We went back to the rent plan, but every so often we would look at houses, just to see if something came up.  After a while of thinking about renting we  decided we really would rather buy a house and only have to move once.  Simplicity is really what we are after with all the chaos in our lives right now. 

This particular house we have been looking at for awhile, but I was stubborn about a few things so I wouldn't really pay attention to it.  Mitch, knowing all along that if I would just look at it, I would love it as much as he did.  Suddenly one night, for some reason, I decided to give it a good look, and I was hooked.  Mitch and I talked about it.  Mitch called our realtor the next day, and we decided to put in an offer.  It's a good thing to, because there was a competing offer already on the table.  We won the bidding war, and we are now under contract. 

We feel really good about all if this, in fact, we feel like we have been guided during this process.  I really can't explain why I suddenly decided to look at this house, but once I was in, I was all in, and everything fell into place in such a short amount of time.  We are so excited.  The kids are super excited.  We will have plenty of room for our family and friends to come and visit us, so those of you that never made it out to PA while we have been living here, (that is ALL of you!)  feel free to come and visit us in our new home.

68 days until the move!

5 comments:

Martie said...

It will be great to have you back in our neck of the woods!

Brooke said...

This is so exciting Wendy! the house looks beautiful- you guys definitely deserve it after all your long years of hard work- we can't wait to come visit!

Amy said...

Holy huge house, Batman! Is there any way you could just magically transport it over to our ward boundaries? :)

Jon and Melissa said...

I am so glad you got it! We checked it out online and I think it totally fits you guys-it has a lot of fun things-so beautiful! Now you just need some four Wheelers for that huge yard...

eden&mike said...

Look awesome. Wehn can I come. T'd love to come and get out of the Az heat! :) Congrats, you guys deserve it. Cant wait to see what you do with it!