Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lily turns 2!

Lily is two and the world revolves around her.  She definitely has the world on a string.
lily's 2nd b-day-7 web
So, for her birthday we brought the world to her.
We had food from all over the world. Gyoza, from Japan; somosas, from India; crepes, nutella, bread and cheese from France; tortilla, from Spain; (the tortilla came with a real Spaniard, YEAH! Pili is back!) scones and chocolate from England; chips and salsa from Mexico; and Reese's peanut butter cups from Hershey, PA, her birth place.
lily's 2nd b-day-1e web
Lily loved the salsa. She stood at this end of the table and pretty much drank the salsa.

It felt like we had the whole world on the tramp. We wouldn't want it any other way.  Lily loves to jump.
lily's 2nd b-day-4e web
lily's 2nd b-day-5e weblily's 2nd b-day-6 web
I made a globe pinata. There were some technical difficulties with a homemade pinata, but I thought it turned out really cute. Lily was SO cute hitting this thing with a baseball bat. She would hit (tap) it and the throw her head back and laugh.
lily's 2nd b-day-10e weblily's 2nd b-day-13e weblily's 2nd b-day-14e web
I made the boys wear blind folds and Mitch moved the pinata around so we could make the pinata last for all of the kids. Sadly, it was not to be. Jackson broke it in just a few hits and there were at least 5 kids left in line. I hope they got a lot of candy!
lily's 2nd b-day-23e weblily's 2nd b-day-26e weblily's 2nd b-day-21e web
Atlas
lily's 2nd b-day-27e web
one of the Nielson boys decided to wear what was left of the globe as a hat.
 
Then it was cake time.
lily's 2nd b-day-24e web
I wanted to be in some pictures so I handed the camera to Mitch for the singing and the candle. The images he took were black. This is what I was able to recover. The colors were a little crazy, so I made them black and white, they look kind of like newspaper pictures. I think she looked so cute, and I really wanted these pictures, thus the heroic recovery. They even get posted on the blog.
lily's 2nd b-day-29e weblily's 2nd b-day-30e web
lily's 2nd b-day-39e weblily's 2nd b-day-34e weblily's 2nd b-day-35e web
The party was over, most of our guest had gone home, and Lily was still all about the cake. She got up on the chair, got the ice cream scoop and dug into the remaining cupcakes and cake. She has a sweet tooth. It is genetic.  She got it from me.  We Child women like our cookies, cake and candy. It's nice to see I have passed on the legacy.
lily's 2nd b-day-44e web

Happy Birthday Lily bean.  We love you so much we gave you the world!

3 comments:

emilydeardeuff said...

It was a pretty fun party! We are glad we got to celebrate Lily!

Lance n Amber said...

Happy Birthday to Lily! It looks like it was a fun party! What a lucky little girl to have such doting parents!

jordan said...

such a cute party, good job! And such a cute two year old!