A few months ago I signed up for a photography course. I just saw FREE and so I signed on. It was only afterward that I noticed that it was a self portrait course. I read all the info, but I never did the assignment. I really didn't feel the need to take a picture of
me. Finally one day, (months after the assignments were due) I noticed the beautiful light streaming through my window, and I was itching to use my camera. The boys were away at a friend's house and Lily was sleeping, so I decided to take a crack at those self portraits. Here's the thing. The assignment isn't done until you share your images so I am posting them here.

Okay fine, here they are a little bigger.


One thing that I found shocking as I looked through these pictures was how much I look like my mom and sister. I know, I should look like them, but honestly I have never thought that we looked alike. I always thought Jordan and I looked so different and neither of us looked like mom. But in these pictures I find that is not true. This not a bad thing. They are two beautiful and amazing women. I am proud to have them as my family and I find it fun to see the family resemblance.
What do you think? Do you see it?

(side note: this is one my sister's paintings from a recent show. They are amazing! check them all out
here.)
2 comments:
I'm seeing it. Beautiful women, all of you!! I am also seeing baby Townes in that picture of your mom. That's Blake, isn't it?
Oh I totally see it. Beautiful self portrait-when you look that good, it shouldn't be so hard to take pictures of yourself!
Post a Comment