Monday, April 11, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring!

I had a photo shoot about a half hour away on tonight.  Literally the second it was over, rain started to fall.  It was the most torrential downpour I have ever seen.  I could barely see to drive home.  The visibility was as bad as any blizzard I have ever driven in, and I have been in some!

As I drove around the corner toward my house I see four drown looking figures of various sizes.  Familiar sizes.  It was Mitch and the kids out in the rain.  My first thought was, "oh no, they were out at the park when the rain started to fall, and they got caught in the downpour."  Nope, when it started to rain, they were sitting down eating dinner and Jackson announced he wanted to go out and play.  He jumped up, followed by his brother and they went out.  Lily, not one to be left out, started pulling on Daddy's hand, "side, side" in her sweet little voice.  So Mitch took her in to the rain as well.  They were having so much fun.  The boys were running through all the puddles and Lily was dragging Mitch up and down the road.  I love my family!  I love how they can have fun, no matter what the weather.
rain-1web

rain-2web

rain-5web

rain-7web

rain-8web

rain-9web


3 comments:

Rosanne said...

So fun - if our rain was warm enough, I'll steal this idea from you guys and just let the kids enjoy the rain. For now, we're still getting SNOW! :( Hope you're doing awesome!

emilydeardeuff said...

Such fun pictures! I should have come over! I wanted to play in it too! I love the spontaneity of life!

Jana said...

I love these pictures!