Friday, March 18, 2011

This is how we do St. Patrick's Day

irish ice cream

I guess most people got out and get a pint and get drunk. Mitch and I, we down a pint of Ben and Jerry's. Seriously, this is the best ice cream ever! Totally worth the cost and the calories, though we swear we will never buy it again for our own good.

Okay so that was not all we did for St. Patrick's day. I know it's not a huge holiday, but since I was down with the flu for Valentine's Day I decided to make a thing out of this one.

I made Irish Cream Macaroons
st  9 web

For dinner we had Corn Beef and Cabbage, with Potatoes and Carrots.  st 11 web
Also, to keep in the spirit of things, The Decemberist was teh music of choice while I was cooking.  Sure the guys from Helena, MT but the sound is Irish.


We had Irish Cream Italian Sodas, with a little green food dye just for fun.


st 10


and of course I had my little leprechauns
st. patty's day-3st 5 webst 4 web
I am so lucky to have them. They have granted all that I could wish for.

1 comment:

Jon and Melissa said...

yum, my mouth is watering. I will be trying the above recipe. We did nothing on St Patrick's day, oh wait we sold our house that day and moved.