Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Joy of Love::Day 8

Gift From the Heart
Oh I'm picking out a thermos for you
not an ordinary thermos for you
but the extra best thermos you can buy
with vinyl and stripes and a cup built right in

thermos-3e web

It was our very first Valentine's Day as a married couple. Valentine's Day had always been a good day for us, and we really wanted to get this one right.  I was on the quest for the perfect gift. A gift that would say, "I love you, I am so excited to spend the rest of my life with you." And of course the perfect gift was none other than a Thermos! Of course, it makes perfect sense right?  You all follow my logic. 

Just to prove that Mitch and I are a match made in heaven; when it was gift time that Valentine's Day what did the love of my life have all wrapped up for me? A THERMOS! We had bought each other the exact same gift. If that is not true love, I don't know what is.

Background:  We had just watched The JERK a few weeks earlier with Steve Martin and I think the thermos scene was on both of our minds when picking out a present. 

1 comment:

Emily said...

Ha ha! That is awesome! You are a match made in heaven!