Friday, January 7, 2011

[Asher] New Year

**for those that don't know Asher is Hebrew for "Happy"**

New Years Eve when you have kids. . . Not much of a party.  Mitch and I would rather get our kids to bed and just hang out together than try an go somewhere.  So that is what we do.  We put the kids were to bed eat junk food and watch a movie.  Good times.  This year we had a guest with us at midnight.  At about 30 minutes before midnight Asher came down the stairs in tears.  He had an ear ache and it was a bad one.  He was so tired and in a lot of pain, so we gave him some medicine and let him pick a movie and sit with us.  The medicine kicked in a few minutes later and Asher was loving the arrangement.  He was up late, had mom and dad all to himself, and he got to pick the movie, (we were watching Thomas and the Big, Big Bridge.)  He had no idea that it was a special night, until 30 seconds before mid-night when Mitch and I stopped the movie, and pulled out the glasses and the sparkling cider.  Oh, he was giddy.  He loved the count down and then when we clinked our glasses together.  He loved it so much he made us count down from 10 and clink glasses together a few more times.  And then there were fireworks!  He got to watch fireworks, late at night with mom and dad, all to himself, just after watching Thomas, and drinking special drinks.  He was in heaven, and so was I.  I loved bringing in the New Year with this little boy.  He made the night a little more fun than Mitch and I had planned. 
first snow 015 web

1 comment:

The Harrises said...

You know he's going to think that every night after he goes to bed, his parents party, right? I guess it gives you a reason to celebrate ever night.