Long ago when Mitch and I got married, we made a rule that anywhere we lived needed to have a river running close to our house. So far so good. We had the Logan River just down the road from our first home. The Swatara and the Susquehanna a few minutes from our second home, and the Missouri River practically across the street from our last home. Our newest place of residence is no exception. Mitch bought an old canoe just before we left Montana. I thought he was crazy, but he has proven me wrong. Since living here he has taken the boys down the river many times, and it is conveniently just a few minutes down the road. Due to my pregnancy last fall, and then having a new baby, I have never gone with my boys down the river. I knew I was missing out. I love Rivers! There is a beauty when you are floating down a river that cannot be seen from any other vantage point.
Last week, I finally got to go. It was beautiful. We had so much fun. I love seeing all of my boys in their element. And the Great Blue Herons seemed to come out in my honor. (they are my favorite bird.)





The boys had so much fun catching crawdads. I was amazed at how big they were. (don't worry, this was a catch and release trip)

We also saw hundreds of fish. BIG fish. It kind of made me wish I had a rod and reel.


It was a beautiful day. A fun way to spend a late summer evening.
**FYI Mitch and I never really made a "river rule" It has just always worked out that we have been fortunate enough to live near beautiful rivers for as long as we have been married.
3 comments:
You're a regular Pocahontas!
Looks like a great time!
You guys are always having fun! The Susquehanna river is so beautiful, I have always loved it.
Post a Comment