Sunday, September 19, 2010

Milestones

Within the past week Lily has started showing off some fun new tricks.

She holds a phone, or her hand or a toy, pretty much anything up to her ear and starts talking, look at this post to hear what it sounds like.

She makes animal noises. As of now we have the horse, the pig, the dog and the duck. This little girl LOVES animals. When she sees one she goes crazy. She has no fear of animals! She let, okay not just let, loved, having my friends dog like her face. If she sees a dog, (or another baby) she starts barking.

She stands all by herself. Only for a little while and only if we aren't trying to get her to. I will notice her letting go of furniture and stand all on her own. If we try to get her to stand she picks her feet up and refuses. One time she was standing and we all started to clap, so she started to clap and, of course, she fell, which ended in tears.

She signs, please and that is about it. And only if she really wants something.

My favorite thing about this age is her responsiveness. She waves at us, and she smiles when she sees me, and she reaches for me. I love, love, love that. That will never get old.

We are getting ready for our princess to turn one. I can't believe that an entire year has gone by. What a wonderful year it has been.

1 comment:

AdAmy said...

She's almost one? That went fast! She's already doing animal sounds? Wow, that's early! Girls, for the most part, always seem to be ahead of the game. It's fun looking at your blog because the pics are all so awesome. The ones on the beach are sooo cute. You are good with the camera... just like Jordan. I wish I had a nice camera... someday! I was wondering where you got that necklace with the name plates on it? I've had my eye on some on a blog & wanted to price compare. Thanks!!