Wednesday, June 16, 2010

OBX, part 1

I have close to 1000 pictures to go through from our amazing beach vacation to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. We had so much fun. It was just what we needed after a long winter with Mitch working long hours. We were also blessed to have my mom and dad come out and stay with us.

I only have a few pictures ready to post but I wanted to get them up right now. These pictures are only of the first two days.
20100605_0037 edit

The house; Topside. It was so wonderful to have a house right on the beach.
outer banks day 2 006

Cape Hatteras Light house. The Boys climbed this all the way to the top, I was so proud of them.
outer banks day 2 138
outer banks day 2 168

The Wright Brother monument. Jackson was one happy boy go to the "Birthplace of Aviation"
outer banks day 2 284 editouter banks day 2 289 edit

outer banks day 2 253
outer banks day 2 298
outer banks day 2 340
outer banks day 2 266 edit
outer banks day 2 344 edit

The Sand dunes and the kites. We spent a lot of time here, but it wasn't enough. Seriously it was so much fun. We could have spent another full day playing in the sand.
We ended this perfect day with seafood at the Lone Cedar resturant. 8 years ago Mitch and I and two of our friends found this place and we have been craving it ever since. I was so happy to have found it again. Gotta love little things like that.

There will be so much more to come. There are 5 more days of pictures to post, so be warned.

4 comments:

The Harrises said...

It's hard to not have fun in the OBX! Looking forward to other pictures.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Yeah for North Carolina! For as close as we are, we don't go there nearly enough.

Emily said...

So beautiful! I am excited to see the rest!

Rosanne said...

I just scrolled through all of your pictures! AMAZING!!! Wow - have you tried submitting these to a magazine?! You should. Seriously, do it. What a great time with your family and your parents. And Lily's 8 month beach photos...A.DOR.A.BLE!! Nice work...again.