I feel very strongly about blogging. When I started this I remember thinking that I probably wouldn't do much with it. But I soon discovered that it was a wonderful way to keep in touch with family and record our family history. Blogs have also reconnected me with friends I haven't heard from in years. I have learned a lot about people from reading their blogs. People give away insight on their blogs that you don't see in their everyday lives. I love it!
And then there are the instructional blogs. I have leaned so many new things from blogs. People are so smart and talented and blogging provides a place for them to share their knowledge and insight.
Today I started thinking some of the talented people I know that DON'T have a blog and that got me thinking about the blogs that I wish existed. Here is my wish list in no particular order;
--My Mother-in-law: When I was at her house a few weeks ago I was stuck as she was talking about her garden and her fruit trees and all the things she does with her crop when it comes in. I am not a gardener, and I never really thought I would be, but I felt inspired by this short conversation. And she does so much more than her garden. She raised and fed eight kids who all have the highest respect and love for their mother. As the wife of one of those eight kids I know for a fact that they ADORE her. Her homemade bread is legendary. One year for my birthday I asked for her recipes because I knew that her cooking was something Mitch would want for his birthday. I would love to hear what she would share in a blog. It would be filled with that rich old school wisdom that my generation of mothers is striving to learn.
--My mother: My mom can make her house look like a million dollars for around $5. I am being serious. There was a contest on HGTV a while ago; decorating your house a room at a time on a fixed budget. The whole time I watched I though, "my mom would win this thing hands down." She not only knows how to do it on the cheap, but her aesthetic is like nothing else you will see on any design on a dime blog out there. But she does more that just deocroate her house. She sews, redesigns clothes, furniture, shoes and refinnishes furniture. Everything she buys somehow ends up with a Brenda redesign and it is always and improvment on the original. Beside all that I would love to hear what else my mom would have to say.
--My Dad: He is a genius. Anything that he has ever written to me I still have. Some of his letters I still refer to when I am in need of words of wisdom. And I know he has a lot to say, and he always says it so well. There are so many times when I want to express an opinion on something that I feel strongly about, but I just can't find the words and I think, "My dad would know exactly how to say this." His knowledge goes farther than one would expect. He is a Doctor, hunter, fisherman, handyman, electrician, mechanic, cyclist, skier (water and snow), backpacker and adventurer. He helped fuel my love of music. He learned about dance when my sister an I danced, art when my sister started painting, and flying when my brother wanted to become a pilot. Basically if it crossed his path he became interested and learned about it. His wisdom would would be an asset to all those who read his blog.
--Lindsay and Pili, old friends from medical school: One of the hardest things about moving back to PA after four years away, is that our friends from our class have all left. We had such amazing friends during our first 4 years here. Those first few months after moving back were hard. I kept expecting to go over to Pili's house for amazing Spanish food and great conversation. Or have Lindsay come by. I had to remind myself that that was four years ago and everyone has moved on. Of our closest friends from that time these two are the only ones that are blogless. I crave to get on the computer and check on the lives and times of these amazing women. We keep in touch, but I would feel even more connected if they were bloggers. I would LOVE to hear what they have to say. These girls are two of the kindest, greatest and funniest girls I know.
--Little brother Connor: My brother Connor is funny and he is an amazing writer. His letters home from his mission were and event. He is also super smart. I would love a daily dose of Connor's take on sports or politics or his thoughts on life. I have told him to get on this blogging thing, and I know that he is doing writing of some kind and it is on the web somewhere, I just think he needs to have a "Thoughts by Connor Child" blog. Just a thought
--Little brother Garrett and new wife Brooke: For a few reasons. They have only been married a few weeks now and I think a record of your marriage from the beginning would be so valuable. I have been away from family for so long so family blogs have become my life line to my people and it would be a great way for me (selfishly) to learn more about what is going on in their life. And Garrett is so funny! His mission letters were also an event. I don't think I realized how funny he was until his mission and we started getting these letters that were so fun to read.
--My two sis-in-laws that are blogless: Marnie and Michelle are two super talented amazing moms and people. They could share a lot with the rest of us. Marnie is an artist an interior decorator and a super mom of four. Michelle is my mother-in-law redux, with a great eye, laid back take on motherhood and, again, a super mom of four. I feel they would have a lot to offer. Aside from all that, I would just love to hear what is going on in their families.
This list has been growing in my head as I have been typing, but I think I have hit on the major names on my wish list. So, if any of you have read this and feel so inclined to jump on the Blog train, know that you will have at least on loyal follower.
No comments:
Post a Comment