Friday, November 20, 2009

Initiation

The exciting news first. Jackson lost his first tooth!



He came upstairs just before going to school on Wednesday and said, "You know that tooth that I told you was wiggily, it fell out." Let me just add that he never told me that he had a loose tooth. I had no idea. And it fell out while he was wrestling with Asher, so he doesn't know where it is. We still haven't found it. Maybe we will find it when we move.



And now the other news. He gave himself a haircut. And it isn't pretty folks! I went to comb his hair before school. I can't believe it took me that long to notice. (I am blind in the mornings before I put in my contacts.) Wednesday night, when he was supposed to be in bed, he came into my room, found the scissors and took out chunks of his hair. We considered shaving his head, but then we decided just to leave it and let his hair grow out to cover the bald spots. He kept asking me how he should hav cut his hair. My answer, DON'T CUT IT!



I think of it as a kind of parent initiation. "Welcome to the club," I hear mothers across the world and throughout time saying to me. It's not a bad club to be a part of, I love being a mother and all the craziness that comes with it.

lost tooth bad hair cut 026 copy 2

4 comments:

Ann said...

Are you moving?

emilydeardeuff said...

Congrats to Jackson! That is funny about his hair cut. Seems like so many kids do it! I doesn't look too bad in that picture though

Chris and Suzette said...

Why is it that they ALWAYS cut directly in the front and all the way to the scalp??

Maybe the new hole in the big grin will detract . . . it'll grow soon :)

Rosanne said...

Yup...welcome to the club. Hayley's already initiated us. ;)