So many blogs I see are filled with all kinds of useful information. From recipes, crafts, photography hints, sewing, quilting, knitting; I could go on and on. My blog has been mostly about our family. I really don't have much advice or skills to offer. Almost everything I do came from someone else. But I think I have one little bit of information to offer. By no means the coolest thing, but I feel like sharing.
I wanted to get a hand and foot impression of our little Lily, before she is not so little anymore. I had some "impression material" from back when Asher was born, but it had hardened and just didn't work. So I went on a quest to find something that would work. After long internet searches it looked like plaster of paris was the best I would find without spending a lot of money. So I went to the craft store to buy some when I found this:
Crayola Model Magic
I read the packaging and saw that it dries completely in 24 hours so I figured I would give it a try. It worked perfectly. We divided the portion in half. Rolled it out on a flat hard surface covered with aluminum foil. Then I used a ruler to form a rectangle. We stamped her tiny foot/hand into the clay and let it dry for 24 hours.
The finished product looks great. I have another package and I am thinking of making hand print ornaments from my boys hands. It also comes in different colors so you can do the same thing in blue if you have a boy.
So there is my crafty suggestion on the blog. It's not much, but I was happy to have made the discovery.
6 comments:
That does look really good! I like how you framed it, too!
That looks so great. I need to try that with Sawyer. I have yet to do anything like that and soon his hands will be bigger than mine! :) I don't know that I'll be able to have it look as cute as that though. I'm not quite as crafty as you!
Great idea! Too bad Charlie is already getting so big!
Well, shoot, girl! I love that idea, and I may just copy it!
very clever. very cute!
AWESOME idea for the grandparents...handprints of the kids' for Christmas ornaments! Good job...and thanks!
Post a Comment