
Since we are moving back east in a month we felt like now was as good a time as any to take the kids to southern Utah. We went with great friends, had a fun camp-site and had a wonderful time. It was a crazy three days. On day one we were in coats and hats. Day two; jackets on and off depending on the wind and the shade. Day 3; was hot! we were roasting in the Fiery Furnace. Thanks to Steph for organizing a great tip.

Delicate Arch. Our boys were great for this hike. It was so beautiful and the boys loved seeing the arch that has been hanging on Jackson's wall for the past year.

Jackson was a little poser on this hike. He kept finding new places for us to take his picture. I couldn't resist such a cute subject.

One of the best decisions we made was to take the backpack. Asher is still a little too young for a 4 mile hike. He loved being in the backpack and kept Mitch entertained. Near the end Jackson had had enough and wanted to be carried, but in my currant condition I just couldn'tcarry him. So Mitch put Jackson in the backpack and carried Asher, it was only for about 10 minutes, but it made all the difference for Jackson. He really loved the hike and kept telling us he loves hiking now. Which is good because he is in the wrong family if he doesn't.


Scott, wanted to take a crazy 4-wheel road out of the park, and it was quite and adventure. There were many times I thought we wouldn't make it, and If I had been farther alone in my pregnancy, I would have gone into labor it was such a busy road. The boys, however (that's the grown up boys Mitch, Scott & Carl) loved it.

Mitch got to ride Slick Rock. So hauling the bikes down was worth it.

Asher hiking to delicate arch. One of the few times he wanted out of the backpack. He really loved that thing.

Asher had a pinwheel, and he loved sticking it out of the sunroof to watch is go. We loved watching him do it. BTW: this is only when the car is stopped.

My favorite picture of Jackson and me in the Fiery Furnace. Jackson was really good at staying off of the "biotic crust." He even told his pre-school teacher about it when we got home.

More, Fiery Furnace. Such a cool place!

Jackson found this little hole in the Fiery Furnace and called it "Jackson Arch." I liked that name.

Jackson, the dads and some of the older kids did a little climbing where we stopped for lunch. He was so proud of himself. When he got down he went to Stephani and asked, "Are you so proud of me for climbing that? I am so proud of me? Is Rivers proud of me? My mommy is proud of me." Yeah he thought it was pretty cool.


This is what they found at the top. If I had know this is what was up there I would have gone up, but someone has to stay with Asher. The thing with him is, he thinks he can do anything, but he is a klutz and a little reckless. He could have walked right off a cliff.

I took this picture at the end of the last hike. Right after I took it Asher started singing "We Are a Happy Family." I have to say I agree.

A picture of me and Steph, just for fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment